Reports & Surveys
Each year Virginia Tech submits twelve IPEDS surveys to The National Center for Education Statistics, U.S. Department of Education. The surveys are comprehensive in scope, covering student demographics, faculty and staff data, and university finances. Summary-level data may be obtained by visiting the IPEDS College Navigator website.
|Institutional Characteristics||Student Financial Aid||Fall Enrollment|
|12-month Enrollment||200% Graduation Rates||Human Resources|
The State Council of Higher Education for Virginia (SCHEV) is the Commonwealth's coordinating body for higher education. SCHEV was established by the Governor and General Assembly in 1956. Then as now, our mission, which is outlined in the Code of Virginia, is "to advocate and promote the development and operation of an educationally and economically sound, vigorous, progressive, and coordinated system of higher education in the Commonwealth of Virginia and to lead state-level strategic planning and policy development and implementation based on research and analysis.
|Institutional Catalogs Survey||Early Enrollment Estimate, Spring||Annual Admissions Cohort File|
|Early Enrollment Estimate, Fall||Spring Cohort File||Degrees Conferred Data File|
|Admissions Requirements||Tuition & Fee Survey||Annual Course Enrollment Data File|
|Institutional Information File (updates only)||Tuition Assistance Grant Program Data File|
|Financial Aid Date File||Enrollment Projections & Degree Estimates (biennial)|
|Consolidated Year-End Certificate for Financial Aid Programs & Unfunded Scholarship surveys|
|Headcount Data File|
|Sponsored Research Activities|
|Fall Cohort File|
|Classroom Utilization File (biennial)|
|Room Inventory File (biennial)|
In addition to federally-and-state mandated surveys and reports that are completed by SA as required by law, we also participate in various publisher surveys and data exchanges. Below is sampling of those.
- American Association of University Professors (AAUP) Faculty Compensation Survey
- Clarivate Analytics Global Institutional Profiles Project
- College Board Annual Survey of Colleges
- Military Times Best for Vets Colleges
- NCAA Graduation Success Rate
- NSF Rankings by Total R&D Expenditures
- NSF Survey of Graduate Students and Postdoctorates in Science and Engineering
- Peterson’s Annual Survey of Graduate and Professional Institutions
- QS World University Rankings
- Shanghai Ranking – Global Research University Profiles
- Student Achievement Measure (SAM)
- Times Higher Education (THE) World University Rankings
- U.S. News and World Report
For additional information and the most up-to-date releases, please visit the Virginia Tech Rankings Briefing.